So, it all started with Eugene. I was making a monster movie scene for ceramic sculpture, and he needed some legs. The fabric I bought kept ripping, so I ending up knitting them. They're stuffed with piped cleaners and that rippy fabric so he can grab pedestrians all he wants. Now, Carrie (teacher) has me combining clay and knitting/felting in my wheel throwing class. I've come up with a series of teapots based loosely on Alice in Wonderland. I really wish my scanner worked so I could post my sketches.
I've started doing tests to see if my ideas will actually be fruitful. Here is the one for my polka dot teapot. The circles are cut out of the clay and then filled with needle felted wool. For the project I'm going to either dye my own wool or buy some. Most likely the Felter's Bag of Candy from Mielke's Fiber Arts, LLC. Plus, then I can finally get some raw blue jean fiber as well. :) This will be a non-functioning teapot, obviously.
I've always wanted to make something involving a venus fly trap. When I was done with the felted dots, I decided to see how a needle felted fly trap would look. I really liked how it turned out, so that led to another teapot idea. I still have to spin the 'vines' and make a bunch more of these.
A tiny needle felted fly. FEED ME!!!