Sunday, May 25, 2008

Upon learning that crochet has one purpose for me

Stuffies!!! This was my first more or less following of a crochet pattern. More or less meaning that quite a bit of it was winged. I left out a few color changes because I still don't know how to do that. This is for Emma Jean, who was born on May 19th. Her mom is an old family friend. It's a little lopsided, but still adorable. Everyone who's seen it wants one, but I will definitely be changing yarn for future teddies. I need to work on my embroidery though.

The yarn used - Bernat Baby Coordinates was a complete bitch to crochet, and just as bad to unravel.

My flat crochet curls, so I'll be useing it purely for toys and odd little sculptural items, and maybe the occasional hat. Knitting will be used to everything else.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Cute! I've crocheted a long time, but have never made a stuffed animal doing it. I've seen some cute ones though. Perhaps when I get my list of things done, I should give it a go. Trouble is, does one every get their list of things done?

lol

Hoped over from Homespun Helpers to say hi, and hope you have a great week,

Welcome mats always out, pop in for a visit,
Sandy