Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Belated First Update

Here I thought I started my 101 in 1001 on a Monday, but I just realized it was a Saturday. I'm going to update weekly now to track my progress.

Last night I started looking into local craft fairs in hopes of finding the prices for reserving a spot. If anything I'll try to get my mom to split one with me -- she makes these great fake floral arrangements that always get compliments. Anyhoo, I checked into Crete's European Market, which is just a fancy pants name for a small town's farmer's market. I couldn't believe what was all needed to just have a booth. It was practically signing your first born away! Photos of your work (to be judged - WTF?), a 250 word business statement, complete descriptions of everything you plan to sell and the materials they are made of, etc. The scary thing is that to get into Tallgrass Gallery, all I needed were five slides and a very short write up, and that place is frequented by big name artists. Strange. Now I'll just look into craft fairs.

I finally finished Cell by Stephen King, one of my books that has been laying around forever. I'm going to do a themed BookCrossing release for this one (at a cellphone store, hopefully) as soon as my release materials come in.

I also learned how to use chopsticks!!! Ok, so it's a big deal to me.

Oh! And I made some general info business cards to use in the Tallgrass gift shop. They're tose blank printable ones from Avery, just plain white with black writing . I took a bare tree stamp and some distress ink and created my own border on teh left side. I love them! Too bad my scanner stopped working because I'd love to post a picture.

No comments: